No one likes you. You start our week and hold us hostage. You somehow make each moment within the day drag out to no end. Each minute seems like eternity. You never apologize for cutting the weekend short and you burst in unexpectedly while we are still partying and enjoying ourselves. You’re filled with responsibility and harsh realities. If you were beer, you’d be Bush (no offence to those who like bush beer lol). You’re causing friction to other days in the week. We now have issues with Sunday because you both are so tightly nit together. Don’t do this. Don’t bring others down with you.
I know this seems harsh, but it needs to be said. Please take this as constructive criticism to your awful ways and destructive nature to others. Please become just as cool as Saturday and Sunday. Become another day in our weekend. We will cherish you and never complain. We’ll move on to disliking Tuesday but that’s no big deal anyway. Tuesday doesn’t do much currently.
Please don’t cry or feel sad. We just want you to change for the better.
In keeping with the theme of monday, treat yourself to a delicious dessert that is fattening but worth it…. and… shhhhh… it’s vegan!
Enjoy some Vegan sugar glazed Doughnuts and Chocolate Hazelnut spread!
1/2 Cup of Coconut oil or Vegan Margarine
1 Cup of Soy milk
2 Tablespoons of Sunflower Oil
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar or 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
2 Cups of Vegetable Oil (for frying)
1/4 Cup of Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
1/2 Salt (Kosher)
1/2 Powdered Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
3/4 Teaspoon of Vegetable Oil
8 Ounces of Hazelnuts
Method to the Madness:
- In a sauce pan, mix together the coconut oil or margarine, soy milk, sunflower oil. Do not let it boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar (s).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and place the wet ingredients in the middle of it.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together ( should be gummy in texture)
- Pull apart small amounts of the dough and form into circles (doughnut forms)
- Place forms into hot oil for frying. Flip when golden brown ( 1 to 3 minutes per side)
- Place the doughnuts on a paper towel to dry and soak the excess oil.
- Mix any left over powdered sugar and soy milk to form a glaze.
- Dip doughnuts into sugar mixture and let sit.
- Drizzle Chocolate Hazelnut spread over doughnuts
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F and place hazelnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- When nuts are cooled, use hands to rub the shells off.
- Place Nuts, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, oil and salt into a blender
- Mix until smooth.