We’ve all had moments of doubt when the world seems to come at you head on at 300 miles per hour. Times where you feel less valued as a person or employee. Life can be an absolute and unending struggling nightmare that seems to replay itself each and everyday nonstop until you die.
Depressed yet? Try not to be.
I, like everyone else have times where I freak out and overreact to things that can be fixed. If I slow down enough to evaluate the situation, I’ll eventually find a solution. This isn’t always easy. But, it’s doable.
They say that FORTUNE favours the BOLD. But does it really? Is it really only fortune that favours the these select few who dare to try. I think not. Instead, LIFE favours the BOLD.
Those of us who are bold enough to go after what we want. What we dream about day in and day out. What we desire above all else no matter things that get in our way. LIFE favours those who dare to challenge the “standard” we’ve set for it.
No amount of thinking, perfect planning, day dreaming or excuses change your life without the action behind it. No one on this planet can build your life or save you from the one you’re currently in. There is no prince in white shinning armour riding in on his horse about to give you all of your fantasies and desires. There’s only YOU. I mean, there probably is a prince somewhere willing to do that but odds he’s PUSHING on a PULLING sign for a door to open, so don’t wait for him. P-U-S-H spells PULL.
Last year was a shit show and this year has just begun. So, if you haven’t achieved the goals you set for yourself, start now. Comfort zones keep us broke, lazy and average. If that’s not where you want to be, change it and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.
Find people who you can trust, work with, network with, lean on, cry to. These are the people who push you in the right direction to that dream.
Pour yourself a nice glass of Whisky. Light up a Cigar. Make yourself a steak with some shrimp and call it a day!
Keep fighting. We’re almost there. Be a #BOSS
Steak and Shrimp:
- 2 large New York strip steaks
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- a big pinch of maldon sea salt + coarse black pepper
- Remove Steaks from fridge at least 20 mins before cooking.
- Combine the butter, garlic, chopped parsley, and chopped thyme with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
4. Pat down the steaks with a paper towel, brush with just a little bit of olive oil on both sides and generously season steaks with salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat, add 2 tablespoon of butter along.
6. Add the steaks to the pan along with the two whole cloves of garlic and cook the steaks for roughly 3-6 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the steak.
7. Check the temperature using a meat thermometer, remove the steaks to a plate and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
8. In a separate pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and chopped garlic to cook the shrimp.
9. Over medium heat and add the shrimp.
10. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Approximately 2-3 mins.